Friday, May 30, 2014

Holy Ants, Batman!

Griffin wanted to take a bath in the soaker tub. I started the bath water - and even added bubbles (proving I was "tending" to the water".) Well, about 10 minutes later Griffin starts complaining about "all the ants" and wanted to get out. We have had problems with them wasting all that soaker-tub water and getting out after only a few minutes. I told him he needed to stay in longer (while I was folding laundry - not paying attention) and he just kept up the whining to get out.

FINALLY I went in there to see what all the "ant" fuss was about, because I certainly didn't see any when I was filling the tub. He was standing up in the tub - not moving - and crying. All I could see were bubbles, so I swished away the bubbles ...... and ...... HOLY COW. The 6-foot tub's bottom was black. It was filled with thousands of sugar ants. No word of a lie. It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. I've never ripped a kid so quick out of a tub! We have "Ask the Bug Man" come every month and spray and when I talked to them about it - they could only guess that there was a pocket of ants in the water line somewhere that got swept in with the running water.

Thankfully that has never happened again ... but it was truly amazingly horrifying.

No comments: