Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Weekend

Valentine's Day fell on a Friday this year. For the last couple of years I have done a candlelit dinner for my three wonderful boys. This year we had ham, yummy potatoes, carrots, and sparkling cider.



Nathan surprised me with a night out to the Inn at the 5th. I have always wanted to go there ever since they opened in the fifth Street market. Nate had arranged for the boys to go to Myrtle point to stay with Papa and grandma Sherrilll. It was such a nice surprise!




After a small incident which I will blog about later, Maysen went to his basketball game (he is doing so well! Really learning how to be aggressive!) I decided to stay home and relax in bed watching the rainy stormy weather while Nate took the boys all the way down to myrtle point. I enjoyed a quiet time watching Wuthering Heights. When he came back we made our way to the hotel and it was spectacular! We ordered pizza, laughed and laughed at all the practical joke shows, watched the Olympics, and spent way too much money on pay-per-view movies. It was fantastic. We even took the dogs.

I don't know why we as Americans need a holiday to show each other how much we love them. However I sure felt special on that weekend!

No comments: