Thursday, June 10, 2010

A decade ago ...

... I married my best friend. How cliche, I know. I didn't realize back then just how "best" my best friend was going to be. When you marry someone you know you love them. But as the years go on, the trials you face only make that bond stronger. People say "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger". That is true in relationships. Are there days I'm amazed Nate is still alive? Sure. Are there days I'm amazed he hasn't killed me!? Sure. But together, we've supported one another's hopes and dreams ... and gratefully I can say that right now we're living them. I am doing what I love which is being a nurse and raising two wonderful boys. Nathan fought hard in the military, then through school and is now doing something he's always dreamed and excelling in it! We are building a brand new home that we've always wanted. I don't mean to seem like it's a dream because believe me we've had our trials and hard times. But we've fought through them together. So, here's to you, honey, for sticking with me and honoring our vows we made to one another ten years ago. I can't wait to see where life takes us in the next 50! I love you, my inspiration. (Ok, go puke now ... hehe).

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy anniversary :D

Ej said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

puke---hahaha

L&D said...

Congrats on a decade. I'm not far behind ya.....

So nice to see another couple keep on going strong.

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey love you