Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Honey.

Finally, the age is catching up with the white hair on my honey. I think it's a symbol of how hard he works for his family. He works 4 ten-hour days so he can spend more time with us. But those are very long days, often resulting in only 5hrs sleep at night.

I idolize him a lot. He reminds me a lot of my dad in how hard he works to get whatever needs completion DONE. He has the patience I could only hope to possess. He has the willingness and eagerness to learn and to try anything - no matter the task. He is humble at times I would be perhaps "too" proud. He knows where he lacks and works harder at those areas to excell. No matter who or what has him down, he continues through the corridor with his head held high. He is unlikely to hold grudges. He sympathizes with those who struggle and genuinely cares for people and their feelings. He is passionate on his opinions but is also willing to look at any and all views on the matter. He never gives up. He has a very honest and boastful laugh that will immediately infect those around. I personally feel the world is a better place with him on it; in the decade that I've known him, I know I am a better woman and person with him beside me; and my kids are lucky enough to such a great role model to look up to.

Therefore, I celebrate another year of you being who you are, making it just that much more "right" to be here. We love you, honey. Happy 32nd birthday.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Nate!!! I know about the laugh because Josh has the same laugh and you can't miss it when they do. It will be a fun trip to the beach for Memorial Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Nate! *hug*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nate. You do know how to have a great conversation! I love it.....and you. MomSher

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....Late! Hope you had a great birthday and will enjoy your "Year of the Ox" This is one of the years that will have so many things going your way. A year of good luck, too.

Special Happy Birthday, Auntie Bon